The Chamber has a current membership of over 220 companies. This includes most of the mining and petroleum companies active in PNG who comprise the Full Members. Associate and Service Members make up the balance of the membership and these are support companies with business connections to the mining and petroleum sectors in Papua New Guinea. Membership is divided into three categories:
Mining and petroleum companies. Full Members represent about 30 percent of the membership.
Support companies whose business relates entirely to the mining and petroleum industry, e.g. drilling and mud companies, expediters and testing laboratories.
Support companies with some business connections to the mining and petroleum sectors in PNG.
Associate and Service Members
The Chamber has a large number of Associate and Service Members providing a very wide range of services and support to the mainstream mining and petroleum industry. These members benefit from the Chamber’s advocacy work as well as publications, conferences and seminars, and education and public relations programs.
Benefits of membership
The Chamber also provides specific benefits for members, in particular Associate and Service members, and these include:
- Entry in the Chamber’s Directory of Associate and Service Companies available online.
- Substantial discount on registration fees for all Chamber conferences and seminars.
- Opportunities for sponsorship, exhibition space and advertising associated with Chamber conferences and seminars.
- Substantial discount on all Chamber publications.
- Access, through the Chamber’s office, to information on the mining and petroleum industry that can assist business.
The Chamber encourages participation by its members and welcomes enquiries.