The Chamber focuses on a wide range of issues and developments concerning the industry including policy and legislative matters, industry projects, conferences, workshops and promotions, public relations activities and publications and services for members.
Women in Mining and Petroleum Program
The Chamber has a permanent office for the Women in Mining and Petroleum Communities program. The main objective of the program is to improve the impacts of extractive industries developments on women by providing skills, training, networking and equipment that empower women to be better able to participate in and contribute to community growth.
The Chamber in cooperation with Government promotes the mineral potential of Papua New Guinea at international events such as the annual trade exhibition of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC). Over the last nine years, the Chamber has conducted joint displays with the Government under the banner of Papua New Guinea. These have been very successful and have played an important role in revitalising the mineral exploration sector.
- President’s Report, AGM 2014
- Executive Director’s Report, AGM 2014
- President’s Report, AGM 2013
- Executive Director’s Report, AGM 2013
- March Edition 2015
- February Edition 2015
- June / July Edition 2014
- April & May Edition 2014
- January & February Edition 2014
- November – December 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- February – March 2013
- January 2013
- CIMC National Development Forum Port Moresby, August 2011
- PNG Advantage Investment Conference Brisbane, August 2011
- NZ PNG Business Council Trade Delegation Port Moresby, April 2011
- Cairns Chamber of Commerce Trade Mission Port Moresby, April 2011
- Chamber view on Implementing the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative in PNG (2009)
- Chamber Position Paper On Resource Ownership